10 Ways to Save Money While Traveling
Who doesn’t like to save money when possible?
Traveling can be expensive, but with making a few sacrifices you can bring down the cost if you choose.
Try these 10 tips on your next Holiday and you will feel better about coming home after your holidays and seeing your Credit Card and start saving for your next one.
1. Look for free activities. If you do a little research, you’ll see there are often lots of free activities in the area. Do a self-guided walking tour to familiarize yourself with your destination. Great exercise whilst you are on holiday and you get to familiarise yourself with where you are staying.
2. Book a room with a refrigerator/microwave or kitchen area. Although you may not like to cook whilst on holiday, sometimes having a coffee in the morning or snack in the afternoon with a glass on wine on your deck is the way to go!
3. Carry snacks/water during outings. Not just kids but we all need snacks while we are out exploring, How annoying to want water or a snack and having to buy something that you don't really want to buy or trying to find a shop.
4. Look for city tourism cards. Depending on the card, you can gain free entry to top visitor attractions, discounts at restaurants and shops, skip-the-line options at busy attractions, free public transportation, and even free guidebooks. Depending on your itinerary, it might be worth the money.
5. Do you need the best room in the resort. if your budget allows then for sure but if you are trying to save some $$$ . How much time are you actually going to use your room? Will you just be sleeping there? Do you need a room with a good view or so much extra space?
6. Be flexible when flying. If you are not on a tight schedule, can you be flexible with the time of day you fly, the number of stops, or your seat selection? Do you mind having a long layover? If possible, check the dates of your trip and see if the price would go down if you tweaked the dates a bit.
7. Rent an apartment instead of having to get two rooms. If you have a larger family you may not all fit in one room, so adjoining rooms can cost. Often An apartment option is often much cheaper
8. Have a big breakfast. It is the most important meal of the day, right? Most accommodation options have breakfast included so make use. You are busy all day so don't need lunch (you will probably have snacks anyhow) and then you can have an early dinner.
9. Eat at local night markets, rather than out at restaurants every night. Try local takeways. You may must be in for a treat!
10. Create a budget and stick to it! Know when to save and when to splurge. Look for ways to save money but also treat yourself during the trip. Having a budget is a wonderful way to keep yourself on track.